Who doesn’t love the taste of freshly baked doughnuts? They are the perfect indulgence for breakfast or as a snack. But what if you could have all the deliciousness of a doughnut in a healthier muffin form?
Apple cider doughnut muffins are the perfect fall treat. They combine the taste of a classic apple cider doughnut with the convenience and portability of a muffin. This recipe is a healthier alternative to traditional doughnuts as it uses whole wheat flour, apple cider, and applesauce instead of butter and oil.
In this article, we will share a simple and easy recipe for apple cider doughnut muffins. These muffins are moist, fluffy, and packed with flavor. They are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or as a snack. So, let’s get started and learn how to make these delicious muffins in no time!
Apple cider always brings to mind fall and the anticipation of winter, but it also makes you hungry for something sweet and delicious. We found the perfect mix for your next fall baking session and we’ve been having our friends over to bake with us. It’s the Apple Cider Doughnut Muffin + Bread Mix.
- 1 box Simple Mills Cinnamon Apple Muffin + Bread Mix
- ½ cup apple cider
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup butter/ghee, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Topping Ingredients
- ¼ cup butter/ghee, melted
- ¼ cup coconut sugar (brown sugar would do)
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- PREHEAT oven to 350°
- MIX the eggs, butter/ghee, apple cider, vanilla, and Simple Mills Cinnamon Apple Muffin + Bread Mix in a bowl with a hand-mixer until no flour clumps remain
- POUR batter into a muffin tin with liners 2/3 of the way full
- BAKE for 20-22 minutes until a toothpick can be inserted into the center of a muffin and it comes out clean
- MELT the butter/ghee in a shallow bowl and mix the coconut sugar and cinnamon in a small plate
- DIP the tops of each muffin in the butter/ghee then roll in the cinnamon coconut sugar mixture