Are you tired of the same old lettuce and tomato salad? Looking for a new and exciting way to incorporate more vegetables into your diet? Look no further than cauliflower salad!
Cauliflower is a versatile and nutrient-rich vegetable that can be used in a variety of dishes. It’s low in calories but high in fiber, vitamins, and minerals. Cauliflower salad is a great way to add some variety to your meal plan while also getting a dose of healthy nutrients.
In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of cauliflower and share a delicious recipe for cauliflower salad that is sure to become a new favorite in your meal rotation. Whether you’re a vegetarian, vegan, or just looking for a healthy and tasty side dish, cauliflower salad is a great option. So, let’s dive in and discover the wonders of this amazing vegetable!
With all the creaminess and rich flavor of picnic cuisine and corner deli meals, but only a small portion of the carbs, this cauliflower-filled alternative to potato salad is a wonderful keto option.
- Cauliflower salad
- 1½ lbs / .68 kg cauliflower
- Sea salt and ground black pepper
- ½ cup / 118.3 mL water
- 5 strips of bacon, cooked and chopped
- 3 celery stalks
- ½ red onion
- 1½ cups / 355 mL keto mayonnaise
- ¾ Tbsp / 11 mL Dijon mustard
- ¾ Tbsp / 11 mL cider vinegar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Chop cauliflower into bite-sized chunks. Place in a microwave-safe bowl. Season with salt and pepper, tossing to fully season.
- Add water to the bowl, evenly coating the cauliflower bites.
- Microwave for 5 minutes, remove and toss, then return to microwave for an additional 3 minutes (or until tender).
- Drain off excess water and place cooked cauliflower in a large bowl. Add bacon, celery, and onions.
- In a bowl, combine keto mayonnaise, mustard and cider vinegar. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until combined.
- Pour over the cauliflower salad and toss to combine evenly.