Are you tired of the same old breakfast routine? Want to try something new and delicious? Look no further than the collard breakfast burrito.
Breakfast is considered the most important meal of the day, but it can also be the most boring. Many of us fall into the routine of eating the same thing every morning, which can get old quickly. But with the collard breakfast burrito, you can switch up your breakfast game and start your day off with a healthy and flavorful meal.
The collard breakfast burrito is a nutritious and tasty alternative to traditional breakfast foods. Packed with protein, fiber, and vitamins, this dish will keep you full and energized throughout the morning. Plus, it’s easy to make and customizable to your preferences. In this article, we’ll explore the benefits of the collard breakfast burrito and provide a step-by-step guide on how to make it.
The most nutrient-dense wrap you can find is made of collard greens, which are rich in iron, calcium, magnesium, vitamins A, C, and K.
Also, I like how durable they are and how long they last in the refrigerator.
The ideal ratio of protein-rich eggs, satiating fats from the avocado, and fiber-rich vegetables ensures that this recipe will keep you full until lunch.
- 4 large collard leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or avocado oil, divided
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and thinly sliced
- 6 button mushrooms, stems removed and thinly sliced
- 1 medium tomato, diced into 1-inch cubes
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, divided
- 4 large pasture-raised eggs
- ⅓ cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small avocado, thinly sliced
- Place the collard leaves into a large bowl with hot (not boiling) water and soak for about 5 minutes while preparing the rest
- Heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat and lightly coat with half of the oil. Add the jalapeño and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry for an additional 2 minutes until browned.
- Add the chopped tomato and half of the salt. Cook until the tomato has softened, about 1 minute.
- Transfer the veggies to a bowl and prepare the eggs. Crack the eggs into a large mixing bowl along with the parsley and remaining salt. Beat with a fork until well combined.
- Heat the pan over medium heat and use the remaining oil to grease the pan. Once hot, pour in the eggs and cook for a few seconds before scraping the sides using a spatula. Continue folding the eggs with the spatula while cooking until the eggs are mostly set.
- Remove the collard leaves from the warm water and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Cut away the thick center stem using a knife.
- To prepare the wraps, lay 2 leaves down on a cutting board, overlapping in opposite directions.
- In the center of the leaves, add half of the avocado, then half of the veggies, followed by half of the scrambled eggs. Repeat this process with the remaining ingredients.
- Wrap the filled collard leaves up like a burrito and enjoy immediately!