Přejít na recept
Our famous family recipe for Simple Mac and Cheese is a real crowd pleaser. It’s a comfort food classic that’s quick and easy to make. It’s a perfect weeknight family dinner. It’s so good, in fact, we’ve been serving it for decades!
Simple Macaroni and Cheese
Uložit do BigOven
- 1 (8 ounce) box elbow macaroni
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- Krok 1
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook elbow macaroni in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 8 minutes.
- Krok 2
- At the same time, melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add flour, salt, and pepper and stir until smooth, about 5 minutes. Pour in milk slowly, while stirring continuously. Continue to cook and stir until mixture is smooth and bubbling, about 5 minutes, making sure the milk doesn't burn.
- Krok 3
- Add Cheddar cheese and stir until melted, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Step 4
- Drain macaroni and fold into cheese sauce until coated.
- Cook's Note:
- You can never have enough cheese, and I usually add an extra 1/2 cup without ruining the recipe.
- Keep a careful eye on the milk when boiling, as milk boils fast and burns easily. Burnt milk will show up in the recipe's flavor if overcooked.
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
© 2023 Copyright Own Your Family