Are you tired of the same old soup recipes and looking for something new and delicious to try? Look no further, because this broccoli cheddar soup recipe is sure to satisfy your taste buds and warm you up on a chilly evening.
Broccoli cheddar soup is a classic comfort food that has been enjoyed by many for years. It’s a creamy and flavorful soup that’s perfect for any occasion. However, finding the perfect recipe can be a challenge.
This broccoli cheddar soup recipe is not only easy to make, but it’s also healthy and packed with nutrients. It’s the perfect way to add some green vegetables to your diet without sacrificing flavor. So, grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
You probably don’t need to mislead yourself into eating your vegetables anymore since you’re an adult. But occasionally, you could find yourself yearning for your younger years. And this soup recipe is for you if you did, in fact, smother your broccoli in cheddar back in the day.
You can feed your friends and family a substantial, nutritious, rich, and delectable soup in no time. They won’t even be aware that they are receiving good care; they will only perceive it as tasty food.
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 yellow onion, minced
- 2 ribs celery, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup coconut cream
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup shredded goat’s milk cheddar*
- 1. Heat olive oil in a large soup pot over medium-high heat. Add your broccoli, onion, celery, garlic, salt, and pepper. Then cook, stirring frequently, until the vegetables are tender.
- 2. Next, add your coconut cream, the broth, and ¾ of the goat cheddar to the mixture. Stir frequently, until your cheddar is melted and the soup is very creamy and hot – about 15 minutes.
- 3. Finally, serve it up garnished with the remaining cheddar and chopped green onions, if desired.
- *To make this soup recipe vegan, use nutritional yeast instead of cheddar, and make sure to use vegetable stock.