Are you looking for a simple and delicious dessert recipe that will impress your guests? Look no further than this easy mocha custard.
Custard is a classic dessert that has been enjoyed for centuries. It’s a versatile dish that can be flavored in a variety of ways, and it’s easy to make at home. Mocha, a combination of chocolate and coffee, adds a delicious twist to this classic dessert.
If you’re a fan of coffee and chocolate, this easy mocha custard recipe is perfect for you. It’s a simple yet flavorful dessert that will leave you and your guests wanting more. So, let’s get started and learn how to make this delicious dessert.
Mocha Custard is one of life’s great pleasures. With just a few simple ingredients and a bit of effort, you can create a Mocha Custard so rich and creamy that you’ll never want to eat another store-bought, pre-made dessert again.
- 1 envelope (1/4 ounce) unflavored gelatin
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 2 cups milk
- Pinch of salt
- Step 1
- In a small bowl, sprinkle gelatin over 1/4 cup cold water, let soften 5 minutes.
- Step 2
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, bring cream to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low; whisk in sugar and espresso powder until dissolved, about 1 minutes. Whisk in chocolate until melted (be careful not to let it burn), about 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Step 3
- Whisk softened gelatin into cream mixture until gelatin has dissolved about 1 minute. Stir in milk and salt. Strain into a large liquid measuring cup (for easy pouring). Divide evenly among six 6-ounce coffee cups or custard cups. Refrigerate until set, at least 3 hours.
- Cook's Notes
- For a sweeter flavor, use semisweet chocolate.