Are you a seafood lover looking for a quick and easy recipe to satisfy your cravings? Look no further than garlic butter shrimp!
Shrimp is a versatile and delicious protein that can be cooked in a variety of ways. It’s also a great source of lean protein and omega-3 fatty acids, making it a healthy choice for any meal. Garlic butter is a classic flavor combination that adds depth and richness to any dish.
This recipe for garlic butter shrimp is simple and flavorful, perfect for a weeknight dinner or a special occasion. It only takes a few minutes to prepare and cook, so you can have a delicious and nutritious meal on the table in no time. Here’s how to make it!
The recipe is quite quick to make and the ingredients are easy to get hold of. This is one of my favourite summer recipes but I tend to make it at the weekend when I have more time on my hands to spend on food preparation. This recipe is also pretty light and healthy so it’s a great choice for vegetarians too!
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, divided
- 1 1/2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup chicken stock
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add shrimp, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook, stirring occasionally, until pink, about 2-3 minutes; set aside.
- Add garlic to the skillet, and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in chicken stock and lemon juice. Bring to a boil; reduce heat and simmer until reduced by half, about 1-2 minutes. Stir in remaining 6 tablespoons butter, 1 tablespoon at a time, until melted and smooth.
- Stir in shrimp and gently toss to combine.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley leaves, if desired.