Bacon-wrapped Scotch Eggs are one of the most decadent appetizers you can serve at a party and also one of the easiest. These little bundles of deliciousness are also incredibly easy to make and you can feed a crowd with them. This is the perfect appetizer to serve at your next adult gathering. Plus it pairs well with beer, which most people associate with gatherings.
Two important things to remember is to make sure that the sausage is fully cooked before wrapping it around the egg. Also, make sure you’re using a sharp knife to cut the sausage links.
- 1 lb / 454 g ground pork
- 1 Tbsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp ground sage
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 8 large eggs, hard-boiled and peeled
- 8 strips center cut bacon
- fresh sage leaves
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C.
- In a medium bowl place ground pork, garlic salt, thyme, sage and black pepper. Mix thoroughly until all spices are incorporated.
- Line a cutting board with plastic wrap. Divide pork into 8 equal portions and place evenly spaced onto plastic wrap. Top with more plastic wrap.
- Press down on pork to form ¼ inch thick patties. Remove plastic wrap. Place a hard-boiled egg on each patty and form pork around egg. Try to cover the egg completely with meat.
- Place strips of bacon onto cutting board. Tear fresh sage into ½ inch pieces and place 3 portions onto each bacon slice, equally spaced.
- Carefully roll the bacon around each egg, stretching the bacon with each turn. The bacon should cover the center of the egg. Place meat-wrapped eggs on parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes until ground pork is set and bacon is slightly crispy.
- Let cool 10 minutes before serving.