Sometimes when cooking you just want a simple, tasty dish that can be put together in a few minutes. On those nights when time is short, this easy prawn and quinoa salad is perfect. Quinoa is high in protein and, like couscous, can be cooked in just minutes and paired with a variety of ingredients to produce a tasty, nutritious meal. Serve with a green salad and a few slices of fresh bread for a quick, simple meal.
- For the salad:
- 60g quinoa
- 150g cooked shelled prawns
- 1 small avocado , stoned and sliced
- ¼ cucumber , halved and sliced
- 50g watercress
- 100g cherry tomatoes , halved
- For the dressing:
- finely grated zest and juice 1 large lime
- 1 red chilli , deseeded and finely chopped
- 2 spring onions , trimmed and finely chopped
- 1 tsp wheat-free tamari
- handful coriander , chopped
- 1 tsp rapeseed oil
- ½ tsp maple syrup
- STEP 1
- Boil the quinoa in a small pan for 15 mins until the grains are tender and look like they have burst. Drain well and tip into a bowl. Meanwhile, make the dressing: mix the lime zest and juice and the chilli in a bowl.
- STEP 2
- Stir half the dressing into the quinoa with the spring onions, tamari and half the coriander. Stir in all the salad vegetables, then spoon onto two serving plates.
- STEP 3
- Stir the oil and maple syrup into the remaining dressing and toss in the prawns. Spoon onto the quinoa salad and scatter over the coriander to serve.
© 2023 Copyright Own Your Family