This recipe is a super-easy way to use ground lamb or ground pork. Just make sure to purchase the lean version. We like to top it off with fresh cucumbers and tomatoes.
- ½ lb lean lamb or pork
- Pita bread (we like BFree GF pita bread)
- ¼ C plain yogurt
- 1 t dried dillweed
- Garlic powder
- onion powder
- Salt & pepper
- 1 sm cucumber, thinly sliced
- 1 sm tomato, thinly sliced
- Heat oven to 350°. Wrap pit bread in foil & warm in oven for 10 minutes.
- Season meat with garlic, onion powder, salt & pepper on both sides. Heat a medium fry pan, add enough lard to thinly coat the bottom of the pan. Add the meat and cook to get a little sear & turn over the meat to get the other side. This should take less than 10 minutes as you don’t want the meat well done.
- Take the meat out of the pan and place on the cutting board to rest.
- In a small bowl, combine yogurt & dillweed and set aside.
- Thinly slice the meat across the grain.
- Spread some of the yogurt into each pita half. Add meat, cucumber slices & tomatoes.
© 2023 Copyright Own Your Family