Roasted eggplant is a delicious and easy to prepare dish. There are many ways to use roasted eggplant and it is one of the few dishes that can be prepared in advance. It is a great appetizer for a party, a good side for a main dish or a good stand-alone dish.
Your eggplant will thank you for roasting it instead of baking it or frying it. Roasting concentrates the flavor and makes it easier to peel. The eggplant slices can be reused in sandwiches, frittatas, and even salads. I hope you enjoy this roasted eggplant recipe.
- ¼ cup / 60 mL olive oil
- ½ tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- sea salt and pepper to taste
- 1 lb / 454 g eggplant, cut crosswise into ½-inch-thick slices
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F / 204 degrees C.
- In a bowl, put oil, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add eggplant slices and toss to coat.
- Spray or coat a baking sheet with olive oil. Arrange eggplant on baking sheet in an even layer. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden brown. Enjoy!