Looking for a low-carb, high-protein lunch option that’s both delicious and easy to make? Look no further than these keto herbed chicken salad lettuce wraps.
The ketogenic diet has gained popularity in recent years for its ability to promote weight loss and improve overall health. By drastically reducing carbohydrate intake and increasing fat and protein consumption, the body enters a state of ketosis, where it burns fat for energy instead of glucose. This herbed chicken salad is the perfect keto-friendly lunch option, packed with protein and healthy fats.
If you’re following a ketogenic diet or simply looking for a healthy lunch option, these keto herbed chicken salad lettuce wraps are sure to satisfy. Not only are they low in carbs and high in protein, but they’re also bursting with flavor thanks to a variety of herbs and spices. Keep reading for the full recipe and step-by-step instructions.
- 10 oz / 284 g canned chicken, drained of its liquid
- ¼ cup / 56 g avocado oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup / 50 g celery, chopped
- ¼ cup / 26 g green onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Combine chicken, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, cider vinegar, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Remove core from the lettuce. Rinse the leaves, selecting the best 6 for filling. Slice the remaining leaves for a garnish beneath the cups.
- On top of the cut garnish lettuce leaves, place the 6 best leaves as cups.
- Fill the lettuce cups, putting 1½ Tbsp of the mix in each.