These lettuce wraps are delicious and they provide plenty of protein and fat to keep you satisfied! They’re really tasty too. They’re also super easy to make and you can change up the chicken, mayo and seasoning to suit your taste. You can add cucumbers or other vegetables, bell pepper, or even some pickled red onion.
- 10 oz / 284 g canned chicken, drained of its liquid
- ¼ cup / 56 g avocado oil mayonnaise
- ½ cup / 50 g celery, chopped
- ¼ cup / 26 g green onions, finely sliced
- 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp dried tarragon
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp white pepper
- 1 head butter lettuce
- Combine chicken, mayonnaise, celery, green onions, cider vinegar, mustard, tarragon, salt and pepper and mix with a rubber spatula.
- Remove core from the lettuce. Rinse the leaves, selecting the best 6 for filling. Slice the remaining leaves for a garnish beneath the cups.
- On top of the cut garnish lettuce leaves, place the 6 best leaves as cups.
- Fill the lettuce cups, putting 1½ Tbsp of the mix in each.