Waffles are a breakfast favorite. Sweet, crispy, and soft on the inside, it’s the perfect combination of flavors and textures. Why not try a version that won’t spike your blood sugars? These healthy blueberry waffles are gluten-free, grain-free and refined-sugar-free.
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- 3 tablespoons granulated monk fruit sweetener or honey
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 3 tablespoons almond butter
- 4 pasture-raised eggs, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup frozen wild blueberries
- Servings Suggestions
- Fruits such as various fresh berries
- Dairy-free yogurt or whipped coconut cream
- Maple syrup
- 1. Preheat the waffle iron on medium setting.
- 2. Add all of the ingredients into a high-speed blender, and blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour a ¼ - ⅓ cup of batter into the middle of the waffle iron, and cook for about 2 minutes or until the waffles are fully cooked and slightly browned.
- 4. Remove each waffle from the iron and set aside while making the rest of the batch. You can toss a kitchen towel over the prepared waffles to keep them warm while you continue making the rest.
- 5. To serve the waffles, add your favorite fruits, dairy-free yogurt, and maple syrup if desired.