Baked chicken is a very simple meal and a great way to cook chicken if you’re on a budget. Cooked chicken can be used in many different meals. Chicken is a very versatile meat and can be used in rice dishes, curries, pasta dishes and more. In the UK chicken is very popular with many people especially chicken pie. We tend to buy a lot of the cheaper cuts of chicken and cooking the chicken breasts can often be tricky. There are many ways to cook chicken without it being dry and chewy. In this blog I will teach you how to bake chicken breasts and advance.
- 1 tsp avocado oil
- 4 strips center cut bacon
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ theelepel knoflookzout
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 4 oz / 112 g cream cheese, softened
- ¼ cup / 58 g yellow cheddar cheese, finely grated
- ¼ tsp garlic salt
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- ¼ tsp dried dill
- ½ cup / 117 g white cheddar cheese, grated
- fresh chives for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C.
- Heat a large saute pan on medium heat for 3 minutes. Add avocado oil and cook bacon until lightly crisp but not completely cooked. Reserve and cool.
- Place chicken into a medium bowl. Add salt, pepper and garlic salt. Coat chicken evenly with the seasonings.
- Using the pan containing bacon grease add butter and melt on medium heat. Place chicken in pan and sear 3 minutes on each side until golden brown. Place chicken in a 9 X 13 inch glass baking dish and pour pan drippings on top.
- In a medium bowl combine cream cheese, yellow cheddar cheese, garlic salt, celery salt and dill. Stir to combine.
- Crumble bacon strips evenly on top of seared chicken. Divide cream cheese mixture into quarters and top each portion of chicken with the mixture.
- Top with equal amounts of white cheddar and bake 25 minutes until cheese is evenly melted and slightly crispy. Garnish with chives. Enjoy.