Are you a chocolate lover looking for a healthy twist on your favorite indulgence? Look no further than Mexican Collagen Cocoa!
Originating in Mexico, this delicious beverage combines the rich flavor of cocoa with the health benefits of collagen.
Collagen is a protein that our bodies naturally produce, but as we age, our collagen production decreases. Adding collagen to your diet can help improve skin elasticity, joint health, and digestion. Plus, with the added bonus of cocoa, you can satisfy your sweet tooth without the guilt.
In this article, we will explore the benefits of collagen and how to make your own Mexican Collagen Cocoa at home. Get ready to indulge in a guilt-free treat that your taste buds and body will thank you for.
- 1 cup nut milk of choice, vanilla flavored, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder, unsweetened
- 1 scoop collagen powder
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons coconut cream
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup (optional)
- 1. In a small saucepan add the milk, cacao, collagen, cinnamon, and cayenne. Bring to a simmer while whisking constantly.
- 2. Once simmering, add the coconut cream and remove from heat. Then whisk again and add maple syrup for sweetness, if desired.3
- 3. Pour into a mug and serve hot with a pinch of cinnamon or a cinnamon stick.