It’s easy to get stuck in a lunchtime rut. But if you’re looking for a quick, budget-friendly meal that you can enjoy throughout the week, then you’ll love this simple salmon avocado sandwich. Made with just a few ingredients, this healthy lunch will make it easy to stick to your healthy eating goals, and you can easily tweak it to your favorite flavors.
- 8 slices gluten-free bread (I used Base Culture Paleo Nut & Seed Bread)
- 10 ounces canned wild-caught salmon, drained
- 2 tablespoons capers
- ¼ cup pepperoncini
- ⅓ cup avocado oil mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 large tomato
- 1 cup broccoli sprouts ( optional )
- 1. In a food processor, add the salmon, capers, pepperoncini, mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and zest.
- 2. Pulse the salmon until the mixture is “whipped” or well combined.
- 3. Set the oven to broil (or high) and spread the bread slices out evenly on a baking sheet. Broil for 2-3 minutes or until toasted. Alternatively, you can use a toaster. While the bread is toasting, slice the avocado and tomato. Set aside.
- 4. To assemble, top a slice of bread with salmon spread, followed by some avocado, then tomato, and sprouts. Finish with another slice of toast and enjoy!