Are you tired of feeling bloated and experiencing digestive issues after meals? Have you heard of lectins and their potential negative effects on the body? If so, you may be interested in a lectin-free recipe that still satisfies your sweet tooth.
Lectins are a type of protein found in many foods, including grains, legumes, and some fruits and vegetables. Some experts suggest that lectins can cause inflammation and digestive problems in certain individuals. As a result, many people are turning to lectin-free diets to improve their health.
If you are looking for a delicious and healthy treat that is free from lectins, look no further than this lemon poppy coffee cake recipe. Made with almond flour and coconut sugar, this cake is not only lectin-free but also gluten-free and dairy-free. Plus, the addition of lemon and poppy seeds gives it a refreshing and unique flavor. Here’s how to make it.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1½ cups blanched almond flour
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 Omega-3 or pastured eggs
- ½ cup Swerve (erythritol)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- Juice of 3 lemons
- Zest of 2 lemons
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 colher de chá de extracto de baunilha
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Start by spraying a 9 × 5-inch loaf pan with olive oil and line it with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the almond flour, coconut flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Next, combine the eggs, Swerve, avocado oil, lemon juice, lemon zest, coconut milk, and vanilla extract in a small bowl. Then, whisk the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until well combined.
- Then, you’ll want to fold in the poppy seeds and transfer the dough to the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the loaf comes out clean.
- Finally, let your cake cool for a few minutes before running a knife around the edge of the pan to help remove the loaf. Serve while still warm, or at room temperature.