Looking for a delicious and healthy meal that’s quick and easy to prepare? Look no further than seared salmon with Dijon herb butter.
Salmon is a popular fish that’s both nutritious and delicious. It’s rich in omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential for heart health, and it’s also a good source of protein. When paired with a flavorful sauce, such as Dijon herb butter, salmon becomes a gourmet meal that’s perfect for any occasion.
In this article, we’ll show you how to prepare seared salmon with Dijon herb butter in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re a seasoned cook or a beginner in the kitchen, this recipe is sure to impress. So let’s get started!
Salmon is one of the most widely eaten fish in the world. It is a high-quality complete protein and an excellent source of omega-3 fatty acids. Salmon is high in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients that are essential in regulating human health. This salmon recipe is simple, easy to prepare and delicious.
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp sea salt, plus small amount to season salmon filets
- 1 lb / 454 g fresh salmon filet, cut into ¼ portions, skin on and scales removed
- ½ cup / 113 g butter, softened
- 1 Tbsp smooth Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp fresh dill, chopped
- fresh dill for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F / 177 degrees C.
- Heat olive oil in a large saute pan on medium heat for 4 minutes. Season salmon with small amount of sea salt to taste. Place salmon in pan skin side down and sear for 3 minutes. Flip and sear for 3 additional minutes until both sides are crisp.
- Place salmon on a 9 X 13 inch glass baking dish, reserve.
- In a medium bowl place butter, Dijon mustard, lemon juice and 2 teaspoons sea salt. Whisk until all ingredients are combined. Add dill and stir to combine. Chill for 10 minutes.
- Top each portion of salmon with 2 Tbsp of the butter mixture and bake for 8 to 15 minutes.
- Cool for 3 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh dill.