Who doesn’t love a sizzling hot plate of steak fajitas? The aroma, the flavors, and the sizzle of the meat and vegetables on the skillet are enough to make anyone’s mouth water.
Steak fajitas are a popular Tex-Mex dish that combines tender strips of beef with sautéed peppers and onions, all wrapped up in a warm tortilla. This dish is not only delicious but also easy to make at home. With a few simple ingredients and some basic cooking skills, you can prepare a restaurant-quality meal in no time. In this article, we’ll show you how to make the perfect steak fajitas that will impress your family and friends.
Are you a fan of fajitas? If yes then you are going to love this fajita steak recipe. This fajita steak recipe will show you how to make fajita steaks with bell peppers and onions using a spice mix. This is a really simple recipe to make.
- 1/4 cup ghee, duck, pork or chicken fat
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 2 tsp. ground coriander
- 2 tsp. ground cumin
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 large red onion, halved, sliced into 1/4" strips
- 3 large bell peppers, preferably mixed colors, sliced into 1/2" strips
- 1 lb. fajita steak or thinly sliced flank steak
- 8 organic corn tortillas
- Sour cream, lime wedges, and hot sauce (for serving)
- Place racks in top and lower thirds of oven; preheat broiler. Place an 18x13" rimmed baking sheet on top rack.
- Stir fat, chili powder, coriander, cumin, and salt in a small bowl. Transfer half to a large bowl; set remaining fat mixture aside. Add onion and peppers to large bowl and toss to combine.
- Carefully remove hot pan from oven. Transfer vegetable mixture to pan and arrange in a single layer; reserve bowl. Broil until beginning to brown and soften, about 5 minutes.
- Toss steak and reserved fat mixture in reserved bowl. Push vegetable mixture to one side of pan. Arrange steak in an even layer on remaining side. Broil until steak is browned and cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, wrap tortillas in foil and place on another rimmed baking sheet. Bake on lower rack until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
- Serve steak mixture with tortillas, sour cream, lime, and hot sauce alongside.