This is a wonderful light salad that I enjoy eating in our family. As the weather warms, the flavors of spring and summer are starting to hit the shelves of the local markets in a big way. This means that we can start to get creative with some of our favorite recipes. One of my favorite recipes to make when the seasons start to change is Citrus and Celery Salad. The great thing about this recipe is that you can experiment with different ingredients and still get great results.
- 1 C Celery, sliced
- 3 clementines, 2 peeled and segmented, 1 juiced
- 1 medium shallot, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 bulb fennel, trimmed thinly sliced and fronds reserved
- 1 C fresh mint leaves
- 2 Meyer lemons, 1 peeled and thinly sliced, 1 juiced
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled, and sliced
- Salt and pepper
- In a large bowl, place celery, clementine segments, shallot, fennel, fronds, and mint. Toss lightly to combine. Add lemon slices and avocado slices. Drizzle with citrus juices and season with salt and pepper.